The Spinney Country Guest House is a fabulous old house in a beautiful setting. To protect both the house and the setting I am aiming to run the Spinney in a manner that is as environmentally friendly as possible.
A symbol of this commitment is my membership of Green Tourism. This scheme provides accreditation and encouragement for tourism businesses to reduce the environmental impact of their activities. By encouraging sustainable practices the scheme ensures the continued enjoyment of the environment around us for future generations.
I have made several commitments which should enhance the enjoyment of your stay. These include:
- Sourcing local produce where possible
- Making my own, biscuits, bread, cakes, jams and marmalade.
- Recycling as much as possible
- Low energy light bulbs in use throughout the house.
- Provide walking and cycling information so that you can enjoy nature in a sustainable, natural way.
- There is storage for cycles, walking equipment and any other outdoor equipment you may have.
- Provide information on local public transport.
- Working with local artists
When you come to visit I hope you will help where possible
- sort your rubbish – recyclable items in the bin in the room, other items in the bin in the bathroom.
- Help to conserve water and electricity
- Enjoy the local produce particularly at breakfast